Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Personal Bests from the Memorial Day Festival

For a girl who couldn’t get her hands on a festival pass, I didn’t do too badly. I cobbled together my own festival from classes and privates and serendipity and the Tango Colorado milongas and the one festival milonga that doesn’t draw the full crowd.

My personal highlights:

Favorite Foodie Moment: Following Ellen’s instructions I bring massive amounts of chocolate to the potluck, just in time for the sweet-treat rush. Soon, only the emergency rations are left. A small crowd gathers as I slather frosting on graham crackers. They wrinkle their noses, they laugh, they remember their childhoods, they chow down.

Best Eavesdropping Moment: Several days after a botched private lesson with Corina, immediately after the last class of the festival, which is particularly tough, I overhear Corina saying, She moves nicely, doesn’t she? I turn to see whom she is talking about. It is me! Wow!

The Best Revenge: Dancing often, dancing well. I wear my bad-girl outfit to the alternative milonga and dance nearly nonstop.

Best Day-After Remedy: Cocooning. I feel like I’ve gone on a bender. Dancing nearly nonstop is not my style. I am going to make myself scarce for a couple of nights.

No comments: