Tuesday, May 15, 2007

SWF(ollower) Seeks 41 Milongueros

Registration for the Memorial Day Festival is closed to women. Classes and milongas. Zip. Zilch.

I am the 41st follower on the waiting list. Tom says I might get in, if more men sign up.

I never register early. Once my stomach realizes it is committed to a new tango adventure, it’s clear liquids for me. Two days before the Pulpo workshop I registered. By the time the workshop ended, I thought I would faint.

But missing the festival is unthinkable. There is something at stake!

I had intended to give my new black vest—a cropped, zippered, nylon-lycra-and-satin parody of a biker’s vest--its first outing at the alternative milonga during the festival.

Along with an earring made from the blade of a dismantled Swiss Army knife (just one, in the left ear) and stilettos that look like black leather bikinis for the feet.

And, if the stars and planets aligned with the wine, I was going to go very blonde.

Hmm….the costume demands to be worn…

… when one door shuts, cut a hole in the wall…

Eureka!

If I am shut out of the festival, I will have to take my costume to the Hog Heaven Biker’s Ball this summer in Sturgis.

OR …?

Register now for the Labor Day festival.

OR ... ?

Recruit 41 men by next week. Sign up here.

No comments: