Friday, May 25, 2007

I Am Walking Around with My Hands on My Ass

I am walking around with my hands on my ass.

This is Corina de la Rosa’s doing.

In walking, my downfall is falling into the back step.

We stand facing a wall, one foot behind ready to step. Corina says, Put your weight on your back foot. Don’t move your chest.

I run a quick inventory. No chest, hence no shoulders.

I go for ribs. She shakes her head.

I skip to the other end of my body, step back.

“Your chest moved,” she points out. I look down. Sure enough!

I stare at the wall. Corina waits. A wonderful thing in a teacher.

Next up in the inventory is knees. I straighten my front leg. Hmm…doesn’t feel right.

Up to the next joint. Push back my hips. Look down. Chest is still there! Look to Corina.

Whoo-hoo!

At home, I show my new trick to The Man on the Wall. Then I work it into Eleven Perfect Steps. At every other step I lose it.

Hence, the placement of hands.

The Man on the Wall looks amused.

No comments: