Friday, May 25, 2007

Note to Tango Sisters Who Find Themselves Down in the Dumps After a Private Lesson with a Real-Life BA Superstar Teacher

Remember: You do suck! But you will get better.

Meanwhile: Canaro, your shoes, and a clean, lovely floor.


***

The Walking Cure

Yes, it is me. I am the one in tears. Good grief.

There is a question nagging me here: Why does it matter so much?

One day I will explore that answer. Not today. Not today, when it does matter so much. I am a little afraid of what I might find if I go into that cave.

A deep psychic wound from past life karma inner child first grade nun inner critic jungianfreudian slip and fall from grace trip.

A tendency to blow things out of proportion, perhaps, just a bit.

Competitiveness.

Impatience.

Anger.

Ego.

Foolishness.

There is only one way out of this black hole.

Pam Houston describes her writing process as spelunking. A fan asked how she goes so far into the deep dark Cave of Psychic Pain without getting lost and stranded.

Craft, she said. Craft is the lifeline you follow back out.

Put on the music, put on the shoes. Listen for Corina’s voice. Do it!


No comments: