Sunday, January 28, 2007

Two Blogs Passing in the Night

Dear Michael:

As you say on your website, tango is life. Of course "two blogs dancing" couldn't be easy!

At 9:30 p.m., as you were at the milonga, I was across the street having a cup coffee. I would like to say I was fashionably late. In fact, the coffee was a mix of comfort food and bracer to carry me through the first few minutes of entering a room full of strangers. According to the host, I arrived moments after you left.

It was a lovely time. Seattle dancers' musicality and beauty of motion were captivating. Each couple's dancing was a one-of-a-kind expression of the same piece of music. The pacing, the dance-conversation between dancers, the beauty of each movement's line and placement. This is how tango would like to be danced.

Thanks, Seattle, for your beauty and your hospitality. And Michael, thanks for being generous and open enough to give this a try. I share your hope we'll meet at a festival one day.

Meanwhile, I will start practicing.. at this afternoon's practica in Portland.

1 comment:

shane said...

Your blog--and your life (and, I presume, your Tango)--gets cooler and cooler.
I just gave you a promo:
myblog