Sunday, March 2, 2008

A Little Subversion for Leap Day

Friday, Feb 29:

I am dressed like a word I can't say.

This is a sociopoliticocultural act. I am shifting the paradigm, appropriating its power. I am subverting the patriarchal objectification of women. Owning my sexuality

and

I am wearing a costume. I love costumes!

The pants are bikini-low-slung and fit like tights. When I move, the pschedelic patterns woven into the fabric shift and shimmer. The top is red: close-fitting and boat-necked, long-sleeved, modest as usual ...

to the end of my breastbone. Then the fabric parts, sloping sharply away to long tails in the back.

Picture this: When I am dancing close embrace, you see the modest back. Then the embrace opens: Surprise!

I am not subverting the paradigm. I am giving it panache.

2 comments:

Glenlivet said...

panache??? please...

on the Scoville Heat Scale... I'm giving it a 75,000 rating...

somewhere between Cayenne and Habanero...

tangobaby said...

Wow! Someday when you are old and gray, you will remember when you wore that outfit and it will bring a big smile to your face.