Wednesday, December 19, 2007

6. My Favorite Things, Revisited

I was hasty. More in love with being a smart-aleck than being nice to one of my favorite childhood singers.

So, I apologize:

Maria is allowed to love little kitty whiskers and warm woolen mittens. She was a young nun fresh out of the convent in The Sound of Music.

Julie can like them, too. Anyone who can sing like she can, and be so elegant besides, can do anything she likes.

And I was wrong about:
Grown women who prefer mittens and schnitzel to love and chocolate.

They are not exactly Stephen King creepy. When I said that, I was being a lazy writer: I gave up on the idea I was chasing down before I caught it. I was thinking Stephen King + Stepford wives. Here's what I really meant:

That Yul Brenner guy in Westworld.

No comments: