Saturday, September 15, 2007

What Do I Have to Do to Get a Man Around Here?

Gender balance here is seriously skewed, at 8 females to 1 desirable male.

"You're going to have to be more aggressive," Lori says.

Where have I heard that before? In various phrasings from Nina and Kari and TeacherTom and Grisha and on and on and even Julio Balmaceda.

I'm going to go for it. We are all family here, and I really want a little floor time with Matthew.

Forget the cabaceo. I'm taking direct action.

I approach Sibling One of Six. She has had him to herself plenty long enough. I hopefully ask, "Can I have him now?"

Matthew comes into my arms. Immediately he makes a rude noise. Several.

Everyone bursts into laughter. It's because of the family rule:

The one holding the baby has to change the diaper.

Welcome to the family, Matthew C.