Monday, November 12, 2007

Why I Don't Lead

Last night I decided to go to the Avalon, the cool new tango venue in Boulder, just 40 miles north of Denver.

I left at 6:30. Drove on the highway called I-25 to Boulder, missed the exit, drove north quite a way, noticed something wasn't working, turned around, missed the exit to Boulder on the way back down, drove south several miles, turned around, headed back toward Boulder.

Saw the exit for Foothills Parkway/Table Mesa Drive.

I knew one of them had to be the right one. Somone told me they take Foothills Parkway to Table Mesa Drive.

I remember this is quite an easy drive. After you turn right on Foothills Parkway (or possibly Table Mesa Drive), you just keep going until you find the Avalon.

I took Foothills Parkway. There was no right turn, but I kept going.

I found Longmont, 20 miles east of Boulder. Turned around, found Boulder again.

Apparently missed an exit because Foothills Parkway suddenly transformed into the highway I-25, going back to Denver.

After 2.5 hours in the car ... I arrived at a different milonga, this one at the restaurant Little Europe, which is 15 minutes from my house.

The music was lovely, the company was fine, but it was not what I intended.

Best I don't lead, really.

Sorry.

No comments: