Wednesday, November 14, 2007

We’re Ready, Andrey Says

Last Sunday afternoon at Patricia’s, Andrey and I have just had the best dance we’ve had in months.

This is the week of Julio and Corina. Andrey is going to be my partner for all of the classes.

I have spent summer and fall working like a dervish, trying to get the basic technique worked out. I think Andrey has had a hard-working summer, too. It seems that most of the times we dance, he is practicing something.

I am feeling good, satisfied that I have worked this dance into my bones as much as it will go.

Now I am letting it all go, dancing for pleasure.

I think Andrey is, too.

Sunday afternoon at Patricia’s, we’ve just had the best dance we’ve had in months. We are looking at one another with a little amazement.

Andrey smile comes on slowly, rises up to his eyes.

“We’re ready,” he says.

We are.

No comments: