Wednesday, April 4, 2007

Ten Fingers Typing

One Heart Dancing has been benched by Ten Fingers Typing.

I am in the throes of the last draft of the last chapter, in the last days before my latest book is due to the publisher. Silly publisher, to give me an extra week....

Hunter Thompson, in Fear and Loathing on the Campaign Trail, compares journalists on deadline to rabbits:

We see headlights in the distance. We nibble placidly on the roadside grass.

Lights loom large, yards away. We consider the grass on the far side of the road.

Car zoom-zooms, closes in fast. We do a little trigonometry in our heads.

Timing is everything. Wait ... wait ... wait.

Engine roars. Ground shakes. Lights blind.

We dash!

*****

I prefer tango.

Grisha says this: "Ladies, be late."

*********

I am late. This week I dash.

No comments: