Friday, February 16, 2007

The Queen Speaks

To the Men of Tango Colorado … and points West

Inside every woman there is a queen. Speak to the queen, and the queen will answer.
(Norwegian proverb)


5 things I don’t need to hear again:

“So. You’re a beginner,” in a half-accusatory tone.
Hey, I didn’t trick you into this dance. You asked me. Next time, check out the goods first.

“Relax.”
I'm trying! I really, really am!

“Nooo. We’re going to do the cross until you get it right.”
“Thank you” (i.e., go to hell)

“Lean on me. More.”
I prefer an upright style. A little distance is a beautiful thing in any relationship.

“Come over here. Don’t you back away from me.”
I have knees and I know how to use them. You sure you want a close embrace?


8 Things You Can Continue to Say as Often as You Like

You dance beautifully. Where have you been all my life?

Grrrrowwwrrrl. (the tango attitude)

You’re very graceful.

You follow better than anyone. I’m Ed. Will you marry me?

Hmm-mmm (the singing deep in the chest)

I’m going to play a little bit now.

Yes, my queen.

Lovely.

1 comment:

Carleen Brice said...

I knew I married a Norwegian for a reason!